Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Boat Rocks

  I'm back! It's a whole new day! (wink) This is a painting that I painted with paint on a painting canvas. It's a boat going down some splashy water but uh-oh! Rocks! Dangerous! Be careful guys!
There's that painting by Hokusai with that wave, I put in the top left wave as sort of a joke reference to that image. HA HA I'm so---- funny.

  I tried to make a similar boat out of wood for my nephew, but it wouldn't float right. So I put a big heavy bolt in the bottom of the boat so it would float more upright. But it just ended up being half sunk from the weight and not upright. So I tossed it. I'll try to make a truck or something later.

  This also was sort of based on a sketch that I drew in England some time ago. Just the boat's different and view-angle too.
I did something rare and painted the canvas black and did white on the top. I wanted to use -a lot- of texture but I can never really do it. It came out somewhat interesting though.
Do you like it? I'm not really sure what to think.
I didn't really write this post very good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment