Thursday, April 10, 2014

Anne Boleyn

The small sketchbook I used for the airplane ran out of pages so I got a bigger one. I've used most of the built up images I'd made in the interim of no-scanner these last couple of days, so I'll be posting one or a few images at a time now. In this big sketchbook I felt the urge to take it much more seriously than the last book. Maybe it's the quality of the paper or something but I haven't been wasting the pages. I've also been using pencil to make sketch marks and properly space things out. I'd used a straight edge to mark the borders too.
I watched Simon Shama's a History of Britain just before drawing this image. I don't feel that the Anne Boleyn story is quite hipster-obscure enough to warrant a drawing like this but I just got to deal. I felt like it, and that's just the way I roll, yo. I realize that one must check oneself before one wrecks oneself, but Y.O.L.O. (You are Obliged to Love an Opportunity)

No comments:

Post a Comment